Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream

Jacob's Ladder 
(1905) 
SIR EDWARD BURNE-JONES

And he dreamed, 
and behold a ladder set up on the earth, 
and the top of it reached to heaven: 
and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. 
Genesis 28:12 RV

And he said, 
Hear now my words: 
if there be a prophet among you, 
I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, 
I will speak with him in a dream. 
Numbers 12:6 RV

In a dream, 
in a vision of the night, 
when deep sleep falleth upon men, 
in slumberings upon the bed; 
Job 33:15 RV

It struck me that these three may be related. Dreams are mentioned frequently in the OT, but usually it is God speaking to someone in a dream. 

These three are visions within a dream.

No comments: