Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Spirit, Light, Love.




God is a Spirit:
and they that worship him
must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24 RV

God is light,
and in him is no darkness at all.
1 John 1:5 RV

God is love;
and he that abideth in love
abideth in God,
and God abideth in him.
1 John 4:16 RV


Todays Morning Prayer reading was from the Gospel of John again, this time from the Samaritan woman at the well.

The part that leapt out at me was

God is a Spirit:
and they that worship him
must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24 RV

It carries on from what I was saying in my previous post. It is not enough to profess the faith, it must be felt, otherwise it is hollow and meaningless.

A friend recently asked me what I thought God was: a he, and it, or whatever?I thought about these "God is....." sayings.

Spirit. Light. Love.

I agree with all these, but the one I have experienced is Love. The one I relate to, and think about the most is Light. For some reason this really appeals to me
God is light,
and in him is no darkness at all.
1 John 1:5 RV

No darkness! Pure 100% light. I instantly think of The Transfiguration.

Jesus became pure light in front of the three, and they understood it.

Imagine feeling love that was light.

And people say Jesus wasn't a hippy.

No comments: